Item #: MS3I8-0100-006F
After years of experimenting with different flute geometries, tip designs and cutting parameters, we finally have a cutter that is optimized for high-speed cutting of natural mother-of-pearl and abalone. Superior bit life and fracture-free edges with no chipping or flaking are the result of a cutter geometry that is precisely tuned to the machining properties of natural shell products. The tools are designed specifically for use in CNC based cutters where relatively high, uniform feed rates can be maintained. Our older, 3-flute chip-breaker design, which has found a home in tile-cutting and soft-stone carving, as well as the hand shaping of mother of pearl and abalone, will continue to provide a low cost alternative to hobbyists, model makers, and instrument repair professionals.
- Geometry - 3 flute, 1/8 in. shank, modified fish tail-point
- Length - 1.5 in. ±0.010 in.
- Diameter - nominal ±0.0005 in.
- Shank dia. - 0.1250 in. (3.18 mm) +0.00, -0.0002 in.
- Max runout (TIR) - < 0.0005 in.
- Max. depth of cut - EFL varies by diameter ±0.005 in.
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ±0.002 in. (optional)
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 20k RPM to 100k RPM