Ivory, Horn & Tusk Cutters
Item #: MH2I8-0313-015F
The only 2-flute member of the UltraBit family, these 0.0313" (0.8mm) bits have been tuned for cutting ivory, horn and tusk. The flute capacity has been increased to accommodate a wide range of moisture/oil content. The diameter is ground to within +/-0.0005" (0.0127mm) insuring zero-glue-line inlay cutting. The best all-around 1/32" cutter that we make, this bit has become the general-purpose tool of choice for many cuemakers and luthiers for cutting rosewoods and other "gummy" materials.
- Geometry - 2 flute, 1/8in. (3.18 mm) shank, fish-tail tip Length - 1.5in. ±0.010 in. Diameter - nominal ±0.0005 in.
- Max runout (TIR) - < 0.0005 in.
- Max. depth of cut - EFL varies by diameter ±0.005 in.
- Anticipated Life - depends on material being cut (min 2,000 in.)
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ±0.002 in. (optional)
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 20k RPM to 100k RPM