2-flute Chamfering / Engraving / Cutout Bits
Item #: EM2D8-1250-30V
Designed specifically for the dimensional signage and egraving markets, our 2-flute solid-carbide "V" cutters feature polished, high-rake cutting edges capable of producing a surface finish suitable for edge-lit transparent signs and plaques. Edge finishes in HDU, hardwood (maple, walnut, mahogany, cherry...),softwoods, HDPE, POM (acetal) and phenolic composites are typically smooth and free of chatter. High flute volume and precisely shaped ejection paths support high chiploads in a wide variety of sign making substrates. Precise "V" angle formation (±0.2°) permits either single-pass or multi-pass cutting without fear of steps or streaks.
- Geometry - 2 flute, 1/8 in. (3.18 mm) shank, spiral "V" point
- Tip diameter - 0.0150 in. ±0.0002 in.
- Length - 1.50 in. ±0.010 in.
- Tip angle - nominal ± 1°
- Shank dia. - 0.1250 in. (3.18 mm) +0.00, -0.0002 in.
- Runout (TIR) - 0.0002 in. max
- Max. Depth of Cut ( DOC) - varies by tip angle
- Anticipated Life - 6,000 linear inches (Micarta®, Black Max®)
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ± 0.002 in.(optional)
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 40k RPM to 100k RPM