2-flute, V-Tip Bits (EM2E4) – (0.2500" shank )
Item #: EM2E4-2500-30V
Designed specifically for the dimensional signage and egraving markets, our 2-flute solid-carbide "V" cutters feature polished, high-rake cutting edges capable of producing a surface finish suitable for edge-lit transparent signs and plaques. Edge finishes in HDU, hardwood (maple, walnut, mahogany, cherry...),softwoods, HDPE, POM (acetal) and phenolic composites are typically smooth and free of chatter. High flute volume and precisely shaped ejection paths support high chiploads in a wide variety of sign making substrates. Precise "V" angle formation (±0.2°) permits either single-pass or multi-pass cutting without fear of steps or streaks.
- Geometry - 2-flute, "V" point
- Tip diameter - 0.0150 in. ±0.0005 in.
- Tip angle - nominal ± 0.2°
- Shank dia. - 0.250 in. (6.35 mm) +0.00, -0.0002 in.
- Max. cutting diameter - 0.2500 in.
- Max. depth of cut - DOC (penetration) varies by tip angle 30° - 0.467 in. (11.9mm) 45° - 0.302 in. (7.7mm) 60° - 0.217 in. (5.5mm) 90° - 0.125 in. (3.2mm)
- Runout (TIR) - 0.0002 in. max
- Anticipated Life - 4,000 to 6,000 linear inches (fiberglass, CNC milling)
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 4k RPM to 40k RPM