Item #: MD208-0313-013F
The high-rake, down-cut flute geometry of these tools virtually eliminates top surface burring and fraying. This tool was designed specifically for cutting the sound holes and rosette pockets common on most acoustic instruments. It also finds application in machining balsa wood and Baltic birch plywood.
- Geometry - 2-flute down-cut, 1/8 in. (3.18 mm) shank, shallow fish tail point
- Length - 1.5 in. ±0.010 in.
- Diameter - nominal ±0.0010 in.
- Shank dia. - 0.1250 in. (3.18 mm) +0.00, -0.0002 in.
- Helix angle - 28°
- Runout (TIR) - ±0.0002 in.
- Max. depth of cut - EFL varies by diameter ±0.005 in.
- Anticipated Life - 6,000 linear inches (ebony, CNC milling)
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ±0.002 in. (optional)
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 20k RPM to 100k RPM