3 and 4 Flute Tapered Ball-Nose Carving tools packs
Item #: CM304-0313-05PAK
The 1/4 in. shank and 1.00 in. depth of cut (DOC) in this tool family are designed for deep machining in large format dimensional signage as well as very detailed carving of architectural components, back-lit lithophanes and other decorative items. Although the geometry of these tools was optimized for cutting and shaping hardwoods, they are equally at home machining plastics, phenolic composites, unfired ceramics and aluminum.
- Geometry - 3 & 4 flute, tapered high-shear grind, ball-nose tip, 1/4 in. (6.35 mm) shank Length - 2.5in. (63.5mm) ±0.010in.
- Tip diameter - nominal ±0.0005 in.
- Taper angle - nominal ±0.10°
- Runout (TIR) - max 0.0002 in.
- Max. depth of cut - nominal ±0.100 in.
- Anticipated Life - depends on material being cut
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 1k RPM to 40k RPM