2 Flute Tapered Ball-Nose Carving tools sets
Item #: CM204-150B-001SET
The 1/4 in. shank and 1.00 in. depth of cut (DOC) in this tool family are designed for deep machining in large format dimensional signage as well as very detailed carving of architectural components, back-lit lithophanes and other decorative items. Although the geometry of these tools was optimized for cutting and shaping hardwoods, they are equally at home machining plastics, phenolic composites, unfired ceramics and aluminum.
- Geometry - 2-flute tapered high-shear edge grind, ball-nose tip, 1/4 in. (6.35 mm) shank
- Length - 3.25in. (82.6mm) ±0.100 in.
- Tip diameter - nominal ±0.0010 in.
- Taper angle - nominal ±0.10°
- Runout TIR) - max 0.0005 in.
- Max. depth of cut - nominal ±0.100 in.
- Anticipated Life - depends on material being cut
- Material - solid submicrograin carbide
- Operating RPM - CNC certified operation 1k RPM to 40k RPM